Walk-in clinics in Oxford offer first dose to everyone aged 18 or over this weekend (26/27 June)
Date: 25 June 2021
This weekend, anyone aged 18 or over who are yet to have their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine will be able to attend two walk-in clinics in Oxford.
No appointment is necessary and no proof of identity is required to allow people to ‘grab a jab.’ A further walk-in clinic will be available in Oxford the following weekend (3 July)
When and where are the clinics being held:
- On Saturday 26 June, a walk-in clinic will be open at the Leys Health Centre on Dunnock Way, OX4 7EX between 9am and 12noon and between 2pm and 4.30pm.
- A further clinic will take place at East Oxford Health Centre, Manzil Way, Cowley OX4 1GE on Sunday 27 June between 1.30pm and 5.30pm.
- On Saturday 3 July, there will be a walk-in clinic at the Leys Health Centre on Dunnock Way between 11.30am and 1.30pm.
Already, around eight in 10 adults nationally have had their first dose of the vaccine while more than half have had their second, meaning they have maximum protection from COVID-19.
In the seven days up to 18 June, COVID-19 cases in Oxfordshire increased to 422 (a rate of 61 per 100,000) from 283 the previous week, with 50 per cent of these positive cases falling within the 18- 29 age group. Oxford City and South Oxfordshire have seen the highest increases.
Dr Kiren Collison the Clinical Chair at Oxfordshire CCG, said:
“Anyone who has not yet had their first dose can attend the walk-in clinics in Oxford this weekend. They are a great opportunity for younger people to protect themselves and others against the virus.”
Kiren added: “We are confident that younger people in Oxford will take advantage of the flexibility that these walk-in clinics offer and grab a jab to keep themselves and their family safe.”
People who attend a walk-in clinic for their first dose will have their vaccination record updated online and will then be able to book in their second dose appointment using the national booking system.
- An ad van will be touring the streets of Oxford this weekend on Saturday (26 June) and Sunday (27 June) to promote the Covid-19 walk-in clinics at the Leys Health Centre and East Oxford Health Centre.
- All adults can book at one of the 1,600 vaccination centre, pharmacy or general practice sites across the country that are available through the national booking service.
- Text invitations appear as an alert from ‘NHSvaccine’ and include a web link to the NHS website to reserve an appointment.
- People who cannot go online can call the service on 119 instead to book their jab.
- People aged 39 and under who are eligible and pregnant women will be offered the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine in line with updated JCVI guidance.
'Grab a jab' at a walk in clinic in Oxford this weekend.
- Date:25 June 2021