Use the NHS App and reduce health service winter pressures
Date: 02 November 2020
Health professionals in Oxfordshire are urging people to sign up to the NHS App as winter pressure on services increases.
The App can help people get the right care they need from the most appropriate place, make a GP appointment or even avoid a visit to a hospital Emergency Department.
The all-round NHS App is different from the NHS COVID-19 App, which is specifically focused on combating the virus and the pandemic. You can use the NHS App to:
- Check your symptoms, including COVID-19
- Find out what to do when you need help urgently
- Book and manage appointments at your GP surgery
- Order repeat prescriptions
- View your GP medical record securely
- Register to be an organ donor
- Choose how the NHS uses your data
Dr Kiren Collison, a GP and Clinical Chair at Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “The NHS App is now available to the vast majority of people across the county. As it continues to grow and improve, it will increasingly play a leading role in how we help people stay well and manage their long-term conditions. The NHS App is a powerful tool for helping people to protect themselves and the NHS this winter.”
NHS App to help us help you
- Date:02 November 2020