'Grab a Jab' in Witney for 16 and 17 years old
Date: 20 August 2021
From Monday 23 August anyone aged 16 or 17 can get a dose of the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine at a walk-in clinic in Witney Town Shop, 3 Welch Way, Witney OX28 6JH.
The Pfizer walk-in clinic will be open on the following dates and times:
- Monday 23 August (10am to 7.30pm)
- Tuesday 24 August, Wednesday 25 August and Thursday 26 August (9.30am to 7.30pm).
No appointment is necessary but you may be asked to show proof of age. Parental consent is not required.
The walk-in clinic is the result of partnership working between Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, West Oxfordshire District Council and Oxfordshire CCG and follows a successful clinic for adults in the same location last month.
Tehmeena Ajmal, Covid Operations Director, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, said: “I would urge young people aged 16 and 17 to attend the walk-in clinic in Witney to keep themselves and their family safe.”
Michele Mead, Leader of West Oxfordshire District Council added: “The walk-in clinics have proved very successful in West Oxfordshire and we are pleased to offer Council premises and to work closely with our health colleagues to set these up quickly to react to the needs of our community. Ultimately, attending this walk-in centre will make West Oxfordshire safer for us all.”
People who attend the walk-in clinic for a jab will have their vaccination record updated online. Current JCVI guidelines indicate no second dose for healthy 16 and 17 year olds is required.
- All adults aged 17 years +9 months and above can book at one of the 1,600 vaccination centres, pharmacy or general practice sites across the country that are available through the national booking service. People are encouraged to check regularly for local appointments as slots become available daily.
- Text invitations appear as an alert from ‘NHSvaccine’ and include a web link to the NHS website to reserve an appointment.
- People who cannot go online can call the service on 119 instead to book their jab if aged over 17 years and 9 months.
Vaccination clinics for young people
- Date:20 August 2021