Grab a Jab in Oxford city this weekend – 11/12 September
Date: 09 September 2021
Anyone aged 16 and over is being urged to Grab a Jab from the NHS Health on the Move mobile clinic in Oxford city centre this weekend (Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 September).
The mobile clinic will be situated outside the Clarendon Building, Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3BD, on Saturday 11 September and Sunday 12 September from 10am - 5.30pm to deliver the Pfizer vaccine.
No appointment or ID is needed to get a Pfizer vaccine dose, although you may be asked for proof of age and it would help speed things up if you have your NHS number handy. The mobile clinic will offer the following:
- Young people aged 16 or 17 will be given one single* dose
- Adults aged 18 and over will receive a first or second jab of the vaccine.
Tehmeena Ajmal, Covid Operations Director, at Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, said: “The COVID vaccine is safe and effective, and offers the best possible protection for you, your family and your friends against coronavirus. I would urge young people aged 16 and 17 who are yet to receive their jab and any adults who need a first or second dose to visit the mobile clinic in Oxford city centre this weekend and get protected.”
The vaccination centre at the Kassam in Oxford will be closed on Saturday 11 September because of an Oxford United FC home match, so the NHS Health on the Move bus might be an option for people who want to Grab a Jab in city centre that day.
Please check here for the most up to date information on vaccination clinics for all age groups.
- *Current JCVI advice recommends that 16 and 17 year olds receive one vaccination.
- If the young person is registered with a GP practice they may also be contacted by the practice to offer them an appointment at a local site. There is no need to call the GP practice about vaccinations.
- Those who will turn 18 within the next three months, and anyone aged 18 and over, can book their first and second dose of the vaccine through the national booking service, or call 119 to make an appointment.
- Jabs are being offered to at a range of local vaccination sites across Oxfordshire, as well as in pharmacies or at the Kassam stadium in Oxford (closed on Saturday 11 Sept).
- Appointments are being continuously updated to allow choice of local sites and times of appointments, so please check regularly.
- Two NHS Health on the Move vans have been supporting pop-up clinics across Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire to make it easier for everyone who wants a COVID-19 vaccination to get one.
- The vans are staffed by Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust but are the result of partnership working between health and local authorities.
Anyone aged 16 and over is urged to #GrabaJab from the Health on the Move mobile clinic in Oxford this weekend
- Date:09 September 2021