Choose Well over the Jubilee bank holiday (Thursday 2 & Friday 3 June)
Date: 31 May 2022
There are a range of local health services available over the Jubilee bank holiday. Please choose well.
- NHS 111: if you need health advice but are not in a life-threatening emergency go to 111.nhs.uk or call 111 free.
- Pharmacies: offer advice about minor illnesses and conditions, and how to manage your medicines.
- To view Oxfordshire pharmacy opening times over the Jubilee Bank Holiday (2 & 3 June) go to Pharmacy (oxfordshireccg.nhs.uk).
- Minor Injuries Unit/First Aid Unit: If you need prompt advice or treatment for minor injuries, a Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) or Bicester First Aid Unit could help you – for location details and opening hours see here
- GP practices: are closed over the bank holiday but NHS 111 can put you in touch with a doctor or other health professional if you need one.
- Emergency Departments and 999 are for life threatening emergencies. If you go to an emergency department (A&E) for other conditions you may face a very long wait as priority is given to patients with the most urgent clinical need.
The NHS urges people to choose the right service over the Jubilee Bank Holiday
- Date:31 May 2022