We believe that communicating and engaging with our local population is key to achieving our vision. We are committed to putting the patient first and applying the principle of ‘No decision about me without me’ in our commissioning approach. We use the NHS England Principles for Participation to guide our public involvement activities.
The population of Oxfordshire is diverse and each community has different needs. It is important for us to understand this diversity to ensure health services are planned properly and provide equity in terms of access, experience and outcomes for everyone.
By making sure that the voices of patients, carers and voluntary organisations are heard and that their opinions and suggestions are considered, we are better able to consistently commission high quality services. The experiences and knowledge of patients and the public are at the heart of the decisions we make and are invaluable in identifying areas of waste and key in finding solutions.
How you can get involved
There are many ways that you can get involved and influence your local NHS services in Oxfordshire:
- Join your local Patient Participation Group (PPG) at your GP practice and get involved in the PPG Forum in your Locality
- Talking Health - our current online consultation and engagement activities Including:
- Discussion Forums
- Public events and workshops
- Commenting on leaflets and documents
- Talking Health newsletter – keeping you up-to-date on all current engagement activities
- Social Media - follow us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to hear about the latest events, surveys and meetings
- Board meetings held in public every two months. Submit your question to the Board here
- Make a complaint about GP or hospital services
- Patient experience survey
- NHS England surveys and consultations
- Healthwatch Oxfordshire - an independent organisation that gathers patient feedback to influence health and social care services
- Oxfordshire Wellbeing Network - local community groups and organisations can influence and inform the work of the Oxfordshire Health and Wellbing Board
- Involvement opportunities at your local hospital
- The Equality Reference Group (ERG) - a patient reference group to address any equality and diversity issues in relation to patients and services.
- Volunteer as a Patient rep on one of our health projects or programme boards. Email us or call us on 01865 334638 and let us know your area of interest and we will be in touch as soon as a relevant opportunity arises.
- Information and engagement materials can be made available in different formats to enable people to engage with the work of the CCG. Email us or call us on 01865 334638.
You can also contact the Communications and Engagement team directly with your feedback by emailing OCCG.email@example.com or call us on 01865 334638.
If you are invited to attend an event to help with a piece of work, your out of pocket expenses will be covered. More information will be available from the person who invited you.