The timeline below shows the key milestones, face-to-face engagement events and decision points that took place during the Oxfordshire Healthcare Transformation Programme.
2016 - Pre-engagement: The Big Health & Care Conversation
From June to December 2016 patients and the public were involved in the development of proposals to transform the way healthcare is delivered in the county. This period of engagement prior to consultation - the Big Health & Care Conversation - informed and shaped our thinking about the way some services can be best provided in the future.
6 June – Launch of the 'Big Health & Care Conversation'
- 30 June – Oxfordshire's Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee (HOSC) meeting
- 12 July – Banbury Roadshow
- 18 July – Wantage Roadshow
- 21 July – Oxford Roadshow
- 26 July – Wallingford Roadshow
- 28 July – Bicester Roadshow
- 4 August – Witney Roadshow
- 6 September – Henley on Thames Roadshow
- 15 September – HOSC meeting
- 29 September – OCCG Board meeting
- 19 October – Abingdon Roadshow
- 17 November – HOSC meeting
2017 - Consultation: The Big Health & Care Consultation
16 January - Launch of the 'Big Health & Care Consultation'
- 26 January – Banbury Consultation Event
- 2 February – HOSC and Chipping Norton Consultation Event
- 7 February – Voluntary Sector Conference with Healthwatch and Wantage Consultation Event
- 9 February – Oxford Consultation Event
- 13 February – Didcot Consultation Event
- 16 February – Witney Consultation Event
- 21 February – Bicester Consultation Event
- 27 February – Brackley Consultation Event
- 2 March – Henley on Thames Consultation Event
- 6 March – Wallingford Consultation Event
- 9 March – Chipping Norton Consultation Event
- 14 March – Thame Consultation Event
- 16 March – Banbury Consultation Event
- 21 March – Brackley Consultation Event
- 23 March – Abingdon Consultation Event
- 30 March – Healthwatch Information Fair
- 6 April – HOSC meeting
9 April 2017 – Consultation Closed
- 16 June – Community Patient Network (CPN) meeting
- 20 June – OCCG Board receive the Consultation Report
- 22 June – HOSC receive the Consultation Report
- 3 August – Decision making Business Case, Board Papers published
- 7 August – Extraordinary Meeting of HOSC
10 August 2017: Decision Making Business Case considered by OCCG Board
30 August 2017:HOSC refer OCCG to Independent Reconfiguration Panel (IRP)
- HOSC refer the OCCG's proposal to permanently close consultant-led maternity services at the Horton General Hospital in Banbury to the IRP
7 March 2018 - IRP advice published
- The IRP advice on the Horton General Hospital referral concerning the permanent closure of consultant-led maternity services can be seen on the Gov.UK website
8 March 2018 - Statement from Oxfordshire Healthcare Transformation Programme
- The statement from the Oxfordshire Healthcare Transformation Programme following publication of the IRP’s advice to Secretary of State on permanent closure of the consultant-led maternity at Horton General Hospital can be read here.
The Oxfordshire Transformation Programme work was fed into an over-arching five year plan (called a Sustainability and Transformation Plan or STP) across Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West (referred to as the BOB STP) which sets out how we plan to bring about the changes we all need to make.
This has now been superseded by the development of an Integrated Care System (ICS) across BOB and a new Five Year Plan which outlines how we will deliver the NHS Long Term Plan locally across BOB.