The safeguarding designated professionals work within the Quality Team, providing leadership, support, advice and signposting for both children and adults as part of a collaborative, multi-agency approach. This includes working in partnership with the local authority, education, police and voluntary sector. The Safeguarding Team core hours are Monday-Friday 9.00am-5.00pm.
01865 336800 (OCCG main number) / 01865 336709 (safeguarding team)
The Safeguarding Team consists of:
Alison Chapman: Designated Nurse and Safeguarding Lead for Children Adults and Looked After Children
Karen Brombley: Designated Nurse for Looked After Children and Safeguarding in Complex Care
Named GPs for safeguarding adults and children: Dr. Meriel Raine and Dr. Gwyneth Rogers
To contact any of the above please email via email@example.com
The safeguarding team has lead responsibility for coordinating the mortality review processes, including Child Death Reviews (CDOP) on behalf of the Oxfordshire children’s safeguarding partnership (OSCB) and vulnerable adult mortality reviews including Learning Disability Reviews (LeDeR) on behalf of the Oxfordshire safeguarding adults partnership (OSAB).
These professionals have a legal basis to receive Patient Identifiable Information (PID) and/or Patient Confidential Information (PCD) in relation to the following:
- Court of Protection judgements/outcomes
- Child Protection case judgements/outcomes
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) judgements/outcomes
- Safeguarding information and any other documents containing PID/PCD relating to safeguarding casework
- Mortality case review work
- Prevent related case work
- LAC care coordination case work.