Make a Complaint



Due to the ongoing COVID19 pandemic NHS England and NHS Improvement are supporting a system wide “pause” of the NHS complaints process which would allow all health care providers in all sectors to concentrate their efforts on the front-line duties and responsiveness to COVID19.


This means that you can still raise a concern or make a complaint in the usual ways, using the contact details provided on this page. However, all complaints once received and logged will remain open until further notice, unless an informal resolution can be achieved, or if you choose to withdraw your complaint.


The CCG’s complaints, compliments and concerns Policy provides details on how we will deal with complaints and concerns raised by members of the public and patients in usual circumstances. For those individuals who already have an open complaint with the CCG, we will endeavour to complete the investigation as soon as possible, but if it requires any clinical investigation or information from third party NHS organisations then this will also be paused until further notice.


Please note that the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman had stopped accepting new NHS complaints in March but lifted this pause on 1 July and are accepting new complaints again.


stethoscopeGP Services

If you wish to complain about the service you have received from your GP practice you can: 

  • Take your complaint to your GP practice. They will investigate your complaint and provide you with a response.


Phone: 0300 311 22 33 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, excluding English Bank Holidays)
Email: (Please state: ‘For the attention of the complaints team’ in the subject line) 

Hospital Services 

To complain about the service you have received from a hospital you can:


  • You can also use the NHS Complaints Advocacy Service, a free independent advocacy service in Oxfordshire hosted by POhWER that helps individuals to make a complaint about any aspect of their NHS care or treatment.   This includes treatment in a private hospital or care home that is funded by the NHS.


Phone:  0300 200 0082

If you would like to discuss your best course of action or make a complaint about OCCG please call our patient services and we will be happy to assist you.

Freephone: 0800 052 6088

Related sites