How We Work
We have a structure which enables you to have your voice heard by those planning and making decisions about healthcare in the county.
Lay, patient / public members and voluntary sector colleagues are members of the following OCCG committees and this forms part of our assurance process:
- OCCG Board – Lay Member for Patient and Public Involvement of the Governing Body of Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Oxfordshire Primary Care Commissioning Committee (OPCCC) – patient/public member and the Executive Director of Healthwatch Oxfordshire
- Quality Committee – Chair is a lay member, another Governing Body lay member, and a patient/public member
- Area Prescribing Committee (APCO) – patient/public member
- A&E Delivery Board – Age UK, Oxfordshire Association of Local Councils, Healthwatch Oxfordshire
- Vulnerable Adults Mortality Sub Group – patient/public member
- Thames Valley Priorities Committee – patient/public member
- Equality Reference Group – patient/public members
- Decision Review Committee (DRC) - meets when there is a case to be heard following an Individual Funding request which has been turned down by the Individual Funding Review Panel – see “Will the NHS Pay for my Treatment” www.oxfordshireccg.nhs. uk/your-health/will-the-nhs-pay-for-my-treatment/how-to-askfor-a-review.htm It meets rarely – no more than once or twice a year. There was one case in the last 12 months. The DRC has four members, one of whom is a patient/public member.
- Six Clinical Locality Groups (report toOCCG Board):
- NELG (North East Locality Group) – North East Oxfordshire Locality Forum representatives OCLG (Oxford City Locality Group) – Oxford City Locality Forum representatives
- WOLG (West Oxfordshire Locality Group) – West Oxfordshire Locality Forum representatives NOLG (North Oxfordshire Locality Group) – North Oxfordshire Locality Forum representatives
- SEOLG (South East Oxfordshire Locality Group) – South East Oxfordshire Locality Forum representatives
- SWOLG (South West Oxfordshire Locality Group) – South West Oxfordshire Locality Forum representatives
- Locality Community Services Group (SE/SW) - two patient/public representatives.
- Locality Forum Chairs Group meeting – members include representatives from each PPG Locality Forum, Healthwatch Oxfordshire, patient/ public members of the OPCCC and Quality Committee and the lay member for Public and Patient Involvement
The organisational objectives of the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) are:
- Operational Delivery
- Transforming Health and Care
- Devolution and Integration
- Empowering Patients
- System Leadership
The animation below from The Kings Fund provides a whistle-stop tour of how the NHS works in 2017, where CCGs fit into the picture and how it is changing.