Should undertake face to face training before doing doppler assessment or compression.
HCAs doing wound care should complete a face to face course and have a mentor who has done wound care training in the last 3 years.
Repeat update face to face training at least every 3 years
- M&K Update for Wound Management
- Clinical Training Limited
- Training Presentations
- Link to local training
- NICE guidelines venous leg ulcers
- NICE guidelines management of venous eczema and lipodermatosclerosis
- NICE guidelines management of human and animal bites
- NICE guidelines management of lacerations
- NICE guidelines management of burns and scalds
- Oxford Health Tissue Viability Service
- Oxford Health Guidelines for Management of Venous Leg Ulcers
- Oxford Health Leg Ulcer Pathway
- Oxford Health Wound assessment
- Oxford health Referral form for tissue viability send to email@example.com
- Oxfordshire Formulary
- ONPOS dressings ordering (need password)
- Guide to emolients
- Topical steroids in wound care
- No clip available.
Protocols and Policies
- To follow.
- To be confirmed.
Helpline Number / Email
- Contact Tissue Viability Service at Oxford Health via 01865 904959 or 904271
- TVN's emails
- Tissue viability referrals
- To follow