GP Educational Resources
- GP Updates Courses - January - March 2018
- Working at Scale Course - 17 March 2018
- Hot Topics Primary Care Nurse Course - 21 March 2018
- Hot Topics Primary Care Nurse Course - 20 April 2018
- Active Signposting Receptionist Training
- Active Signposting Development Training for Receptionists
Presentations from GP Educational Events across Oxfordshire
- ENT in General Practice - presentation
- Faecal Calprotectin - presentation
- GP Update Course - 2015-16
- Abnormal Liver Function Tests - a pragmatic guide
- Opthalmic Acute Cases - presentation
- Psychological medicine services for gastroenterology patients - presentation
- COPD Study Day - presentation
- Exacerbations of COPD - presentation
- Skin Cancer Treatment - presentation
- Asthma Study Day Presentations - 8 June 2017
COPD Study Day - October 2017
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation in Practice
- COPD SARR2 Study
- How to Get Patients Exercising
- COPD Exacerbations
- COPD - Making the Diagnosis
- Smoking Cessation
NHS Practitioner Health Programme
A resource for GP and GP Trainees in England, NHS Practitioner Health Programme can help you with issues relating to mental health concerns, including stress or depression and in particular where these might affect work.
GP Retention Scheme
The GP Retention Scheme is a package of financial and educational support to help doctors, who might otherwise leave the profession, remain in clinical general practice. The scheme is aimed at doctors who are seriously considering leaving or have left general practice due to personal reasons (caring responsibilities or personal illness), approaching retirement or requiring greater flexibility. The scheme supports both the retained GP and the practice employing them by offering financial support in recognition of the fact that this role is different to a 'regular' part-time, salaried GP post, offering greater flexibility and educational support.
Oxfordshire Training Network
OxFed has been supported by Health Education Thames Valley to develop a Community Education Provider Network (CEPN). The Oxfordshire Training Network will respond to local staff training needs and develop and deliver high quality training. Current educational events in the Oxford area can be found on the educational events page.
Dermatoscope Education Film (March 2016)
The film highlights how to assemble and use different models with Iphone or digital cameras for the taking of digital images. The film also includes training on how to upload and send digital images to Consultants at the local hospital, for advice.
Note: This is aimed at GPs within Oxfordshire. If you are outside Oxfordshire, we suggest you may wish to contact your own local dermatology education meeting, or local email advice line.