We believe that communicating and engaging with our local population is key to achieving our vision. We are committed to putting the patient first and applying the principle of ‘No decision about me without me’ in our commissioning approach.
The population of Oxfordshire is diverse and each community has different needs. It is important for us to understand this diversity to ensure health services are planned properly and provide equity in terms of access, experience and outcomes for everyone.
By making sure that the voices of patients, carers and voluntary organisations are heard and that their opinions and suggestions are considered, we are better able to consistently commission high quality services. The experiences and knowledge of patients and the public are at the heart of the decisions we make and are invaluable in identifying areas of waste and key in finding solutions.
There are many ways that you can get involved and influence your local NHS services:
- Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) and PPG Forums in your Locality
- Talking Health - our online consultation and engagement system. Including:
- Discussion Forums
- Commenting on leaflets and documents
- Talking Health newsletter – keeping you up-to-date on all current engagement activities
- Social Media - follow us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Board meetings
- Patient experience survey