Transforming Care is the government’s national programme to improve services for people with learning disabilities and/or autism, who display behaviour that challenges, including those with a mental health condition. The aim is to make sure more people are living in the community, with the right support and close to home.
The Transforming Care programme is focussing on:
- more choice for people and their families, and more say in their care
- providing more care in the community, with personalised support provided by multi-disciplinary health and care teams
- more innovative services to give people a range of care options, with personal budgets, so care meets individual needs
- providing early, more intensive support for those who need it, so people can stay in the community, close to home
- for those who do need in-patient care, ensuring it is only for as long as they need it
The Oxfordshire Transforming Care Plan is our plan for Oxfordshire. As our work proceeds we will be sharing more information on this webpage, so please check regularly for updates.
If you would like to be involved in the Transforming Care work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read the Oxfordshire Transforming Care Plan here