OCCG Sustainable Development Working Group (SDWG) with its Green Champions is working towards embedding sustainability across all organisational functions.
OCCG has seen good progress with our work on sustainable development. Key achievements are:
- The Carbon Footprint exercise conducted in collaboration with The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare. In the financial year 2014/15 OCCG’s total in-house (products and services) Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions were 2,896 tonnes of CO2 equivalent – the highest GHG emissions were due to procurement (86.9%) followed by staff commuting (5.8%) and, electricity use 4.8%
- Our third Sustainable Development Unit (SDU) – Good Corporate Citizen (GCC) Report has an improved score of 51% from 47% last year.
- Staff involvement via that Sustainable Development Working Group/Green Champions and staff health and wellbeing events
- Progress against OCCGs Sustainability Management Plan
- Please see OCCG Carbon Footprint Report 2014-15
- Please see Sustainability Strategy and Management Plan for more information.