OCCG is organised into six Localities: Oxford City, North Oxfordshire, North East, West Oxfordshire, South West and South East. The population of Oxfordshire is very diverse and each Locality’s population has different needs. It is important for us to understand the diversity of our population’s health needs in order to ensure health services are planned properly and provide equal quality in terms of access, experience and outcomes for everyone.
The NHS has clear values and principles about equality and human rights, as set out in the NHS Constitution. Underpinning values of the NHS Constitution include: Working Together for Patients; Compassion; Respect and Dignity; Commitment to Quality of Care; Improving Lives; Everyone Counts. The Equality Act 2010 gives the NHS opportunities to work towards eliminating discrimination and reducing inequalities in care.
OCCG’s Annual Equality Publication shown below provides some of the evidence of our work to address health inequalities and promote equality during 2014, in line with the Equality Act 2010, Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED).
Some of the documents on this page are in Adobe PDF format. To view these files you will need the free Adobe Reader. Download Adobe Reader(external link)
All appendices for the Annual Equality Publication are listed below for ease of viewing/printing.
- Appendix 1 – Equality Objectives Action Plan Update December 2014
- Appendix 2 – Young People’s Consultation
- Appendix 3 – OCCG Carers Strategy Update Report
- Appendix 4 – Equality & Access North & West
- Appendix 5 – Equality & Access South East & South West
- Appendix 6 – Equality & Access City & North East
- Appendix 7 – Equality & Access Oxfordshire